Yesterday marked the first day of summer: a change in season felt in the lukewarm waters, noticed in the clouds overhead, and admired in the fiery burst of the poinciana and the ripened skin of a mango. A proponent of a life well lived, here is what I would like to scratch off my list this summer.
1. Make sour-sop ice cream and homemade popsicles
3. Begin my search for the best conch fritters in Nassau
4. Make vodka infused with fresh seasonal fruit, think: mango, passion or star fruit
5. Plan a staycation and spend a weekend like a tourist on our capital outpost: Nassau, New Providence
6. Perfect my sky juice recipe
7. Learn how to windsurf